Saturday 21 April 2012

What have you learned from your audience feedback?



Audience feedback is an important stage of the production process, as previously discussed, the audience entertainment is one of the main reasons for music videos, and the audience should also be at the centre of both the ancillary tasks. It is for this reason I at a very early stage researched into who my audience was, and what it was they wanted, so I knew before I started any production what I needed to do.  In order to do this I hosted polls on my blog and got a range of different people to answer the questions, I then analysed the results.

From this I was able to establish my audience was between the age of 16 and 18 and therefore fairly young. I also fall within this age bracket and this made it easier for me to understand what to include, because I have a strong connection with this age group.

When I was receiving feedback, I made sure to prioritise getting feedback from this age group. I would often ask fellow media studies students what they thought of my work, as they understood what I was looking for, as well as falling into the age bracket. At one point during the production, I held a test screening with my media class. They all watched the video and then all gave me feedback on what they thought.  I also showed my video to people who didn’t take media studies, and was potential real life people who could watch my video. This allowed to me to get a more broad opinion.

Whenever gaining feedback I always asked what they liked, what they thought I had done well and what they thought I could improve on. By asking these questions it tells me what I am doing right and maybe I should do this more often, and also things they didn’t like and there thing maybe I should removed and what they would rather see.

During the drafting stage, I asked for feedback on the storyboard, and it was at this point that the audience picked up on the fact that I would need to be careful when filming through glass because the glare that you get. I used this feedback to go off and research how I could over come this problem, and I found the answer was to use a polarising lens. This goes to show the importance of asking the audience for their opinion, because they can pick up on things that you might not have thought of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment